A privileged place – The importance of free trade zone bogota
The American continent is privileged for having access to two of the most important oceans. Due to its vast extension it has a variety of climates that allow for diversity in production. Having one can make all the difference.
Colombia: one of the best environments in Latin America to do business, and one of the most competitive countries in the region. These make such areas ideal for all types of business.
In the last decade, Colombia has struggled to improve its investment environment. As a result, Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) to the country has skyrocketed. Throughout these uncertain times, Colombia is seen by investors as a trustworthy and stable place in which to operate, due to the following reasons::
- Strengthening of macroeconomic variables in combination with dynamic economic performance. GDP per capita has duplicated in the last decade, growing from US$5.826 in 2000 to US$10.350 in 2012.
- Dynamic domestic market, being the 23rd largest population in the world and the second Spanish speaking population.
- Third most “friendly” country to do business in Latin America according to the World’s Bank Doing Business 2013.
- A country with a degree of investment awarded by Standard & Poor’s, Moody’s Fitch on outstanding debt of Colombia in 2011.
- Second lowest risk perception in the region, measured by the behavior of Credit Default Swaps of the last 5 years.
- Easy access to global markets, due to a privileged geographical position and developed logistic infrastructure.
- Colombia has a National Plan for Development that addresses the main needs of the country and designs and executes an action plan for the obtainment of continuous growth and competitiveness.
- Productive Transformation Program – (PTP in Spanish), supports productivity and competitiveness within sectors with high export potential, through a more efficient coordination between the public and private sectors.
Source: Proexport / Invest in Bogota
The importance of being close to Bogota, which impact free trade zone Bogota.
The capital of Colombia is a prosperous and cosmopolitan city of 7,4 million people, and has positioned itself as one of the main business centers in Latin America making free trade zone bogota perfect.
Appeals for investment – free trade zone bogota:
- A privileged geographical location, with access to the region’s most important markets.
- Abundant and qualified work force
- Competitive costs
- Excellent environment for business
- Quality of life
- Satisfied investors
- Highly promising sectors
Source: Invest in Bogota